MM2H Terms & Conditions
MM2Hprogramme is open to all the citizens of the countries recognized by Malaysian Government regardless of race, religion, gender or age. Applicants are allowed to bring their spouses and unmarried children below the age of 21 as dependents.Applicants can also bring their parents under the programme but there are certain conditions to be fulfilled before applicants can bring their parents. Applicants are expected to be financially capable, financially capable enough to supporthis/her own and family’s needduring their stay in Malaysia.
Applicants who are below 50 years are required to show –
- Proof of liquid assets worth a minimum of RM 500,000
- Proof of RM10,000 monthly offshore income and
- Agree to place MYR300K in Fixed Deposit under lien in Malaysia.
Applicants must provide the latest 3 months of certified copy(s) of bank statement with each month credit balance of RM500, 000 for current account as a financial proof necessary to prove the financial capabilities.
Applicants who are 50 and above years old are required to show –
- Proof of liquid assets worth a minimum of RM350,000,
- Proof of RM10,000 monthly offshore income
For retired person, it is necessary to show proof of receiving RM 10,000 monthly pension from the government.
Applicants must provide the latest 3 months of certified copy (s) of bank statement with each month credit balance of RM350,000 for current account as a financial proof necessary to prove the financial capabilities.
Opportunities for property holders:
MM2H participants who has bought Malaysian property with RM 1 million and above may get their fixed deposit requirement lowered. To get this convenient option applicant should clearly state his/her intention in the letter of application during the submission.
It is a must for all the applicants and their dependents to submit a medical report acquired from any private hospital or registered clinic in Malaysia.
- Only 50 and above years old with specialized skills and expertise are allowed to work anywhere in Malaysia. If you are below 50 years old, you can’t work whichever sectors you want. Below 50 years old Applicants can apply for part-time work for 20 hours per week in sectors approved by the Malaysian government.
- You can’t participate in activities that can be considered as a delicatematters to the local people like political or missionary activities.