Sri Lanka to Malaysia
Malaysia Visa Terms & Conditions for Sri Lanka
Definitional Terms :
Embassy or Consulate:
In general, an embassy refers to a diplomatic mission which is permanent and led by an individual named “ambassador”. On the other hand, the representative of the embassy is called consulate or consulate general locating in the outside of the city of capital which is led by a consul.
But, here embassy or consulate means Malaysian Embassy or Consulate General of Malaysia.
It is such kind of entity which is appointed by the government of Malaysia in objectives:
- to maintain and smooth provide eVISA system
- to give support and services in the context of IT infrastructure and regarded with eVISA application respectively
- to assist eVISA applicants according to specific working procedures which are determined by Malaysian embassy or consulate.
It means an individual who submits his or her interest application to get eVISA to the embassy or consulate of Malaysia.
According to Passport and Visas Order 1967, it means the payable amount of money for a VISA applicant. It will be granted and collected by VISA Malaysia at the specific rate determined by law and order.
eVisa Processing Fee:
It refers to such kind of charge which is needed for processing VISA based on system to process Visa. There are no hidden fees regarding eVISA processing. But, eVISA processing fee is free from or calculated without extended services fee.
Extended services refer to such services which are more or other than basic services in order to provide more convenience to VISA applicants.
General Conditions :
01. A Sri Lankan tourist who is holder of an eVISA can visit Malaysia for a single journey. This journey period will be maximum 30 days. But, the validity of an eVISA is 3 months.
02. A Sri Lankan student who is holder of an eVISA can visit Malaysia for a single journey with a view to studying. This journey period will be maximum 30 days. But, after arriving in Malaysia in order to study, they must obtain their long term pass for continuing study. It is very simple to obtain long term pass for studying in Malaysia.
03. A Sri Lankan Expatriate who is holder of an eVISA can visit Malaysia for a single journey with a view to employment. This journey period will be maximum 30 days. But, after arriving in Malaysia in order to employment, they must obtain their long term pass for continuing employment. It is very simple to obtain long term pass for employing in Malaysia.
04. If any applicant breaks any rules of Malaysian law, government must take administrative actions as criminal's proceedings. It is not allowed for an applicant to:
- accept unauthorized employment
- attend unauthorized school or university
- represent the foreign media information
05. An eVISA is valid for only 3 months. Within 3 months a single journey will be valid for maximum 30 days. In this context, applicant provided passport validity must remain.
06. At the entry or exist points an applicant must be presented following documents or proofs to the immigration officers:
- Valid Passport
- Applicants eVISA printout
- Confirmed returned flight ticket
- Accommodation's proof.
07. Applicant's uploaded documents like passport photos, passport landing pages, returned tickets, accommodation proof and other supporting documents must be clear and viewable. If the above documents are found blur, unreadable, not clear and don’t meet the necessary specifications an eVISA application may be rejected and it also results of denial by the Immigration officer of Malaysia at the entry and exit points to entry or exit into Malaysia from Sri Lanka.
08. After submitting application and completing payment, the approval email of eVISA application has been made within 48 working hours. These 48 hours of processing time of eVISA is only applied for working days. It is not included in public holiday, weekend, and the holidays of Malaysian government. Only Malaysian Immigration department is sole of approving applied eVISA.
09. The 48 hours processing time also does not include unforeseen or uncontrollable events including, but not limited to, system maintenance downtime, ISP equipment failure, host equipment failure, communications network failure, power failure, natural events or acts of war.
10. Applicants must receive an email notification regardingthe eVISA approval result, whenthe approval decision of eVISA has been made. Approval result may include the following status:
- Approved - The eVISA application has been approved
- Rejected - The eVISA application has been declined
- Request for Document - Applicants is required to upload/re-upload supporting documents as specified by the Malaysia Embassy/Consulate
Request for Interview: Before any approval decision of eVISA is been made, applicants are required to attend an interview session with the Malaysia Embassy or Consulate.
11. It is important to an applicant that he or she surely uploaded or re-uploaded the specific required documents what requested by Malaysian government for Sri Lanka nationals to visit Malaysia.
12. If an eVISA applicant doesn’t upload his or her specific required document correctly the embassy or consulate can decide to request an applicant for multiples times for uploading necessary documents.
13. When the embassy or consulate wants to call in an applicant for interview an applicant must present on scheduled time and date as if Malaysian embassy can make their approval decision accordingly.
14. Issuance or approval of an eVISA does not mean or give any way guarantee the applicant the right to enter Malaysia. The entry is at the sole discretion of the Malaysia Immigration Officer at the entry point. In case of denial of visa or entry into Malaysia by the Immigration Officer, Visa Malaysia shall in no way be liable to the applicant in any manner whatsoever.
15. In the context of an eVISA assessment and decision making process, the Visa Malaysia is not involved in this matter that the applicant must acknowledge and confirm. The Embassies and Consulates have the authority to decide whether an eVISA will be issued or not, the type of an eVISA to be issued as well as its validity, duration of stay and number of entries in accordance with Malaysia's relevant laws and regulations. The regardless of application an applicant must pay all the fees to the Visa Malaysia. All paid fees are non-refundable.
16. All the information submitted by applicants is to be true and accurate regarding to eVISA must be ensured by an applicant. If any mistakes have taken by applicant himself or herself it is caused of reissuance of an eVISA. In this context, the applicant must responsible, agree and acknowledge re-applying and must pay for a new application of eVISA.
17. An applicant who is below 12 years of age must apply together with his or her parents in one application. In this context, applicant’s birth certificate must be uploaded or household book must be uploaded to prove relationship.
Other Terms :
01. The Malaysian Government deserves the all right to change, amend, cancel and withdraw any terms and condition without any prior notice.
02. If an applicant is dissatisfied with the changes being made, the applicant's sole and exclusive remedy is to refuse the services provided.
03. Prior to submitting the visa application, applicants hereby agrees to accept and confirm that the applicant has read, understood and agreed to be bound by, without limitation or qualification, all of the terms, conditions and details provided herein.